Google Ad Grants provide up to $10,000 (~£8,000) per month of free Google Ads advertising on Google search result pages to eligible nonprofit organisations.
The programme is designed to help people connect with causes to make a greater impact on the world.
The programme is open to organisations who join Google for Nonprofits, meet Ad Grants’ eligibility and programme policies, and are approved through the Ad Grants pre-qualification process.
To qualify for Google Ad Grants, your organisation must:
- Join Google for Nonprofits. Your organisation must hold valid charity status in your country. Governmental entities and organisations, hospitals and medical groups, schools, academic institutions, and universities are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits.
- Be approved through the Ad Grants pre-qualification process.
- Have a high-quality website that meets the Ad Grants website policy.
Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organisation’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time.
Ad Grants recipients build and manage their own Google Ads account with a daily budget limit of $329 USD. Ad Grants ads are text ads that appear on Google search result pages and show below the ads of paying advertisers.
Step 1 of 4: Join Google for Nonprofits
If you have not been approved through Google for Nonprofits, please visit the Google for Nonprofits website.
If you have been approved through Google for Nonprofits, please complete the steps below.
Step 2 of 4: Create your Ad Grants account
When you create your Ad Grants account, you’ll need to use the same user name for your Google for Nonprofits account. For example, if you signed up for Google for Nonprofits using Jane@gmail.com, you must use the same user name for your Ad Grants Google Ads account.
- Click this Get started link
- Either enter the username and password for an existing Google Account or create a new account.
- Under “Billing country,” select the country where your organisation is located.
- Under “Time zone,” select your time zone.
- Under “Currency,” select US Dollar, regardless of the currency in your country.
- Click Submit.
- In the top-right corner of your Google Ads account, take note of your customer ID. Your Google Ads customer ID is in the format of xxx-xxx-xxxx.
|Do not enter credit card details or any other billing information when creating your Google Ads account for Google Ad Grants. If you enter credit card information and your campaigns run, you will be responsible for paying any charges accrued.|
Step 3 of 4: Submit the pre-qualification survey
Fill out the pre-qualification survey. This 10-minute survey is intended to identify organisations eligible for the Ad Grants programme and to help us learn more about those organisations.
Step 4 of 4: Submit your account for pre-qualification review
- In the top-right corner of your Google Ads account, locate your customer ID. Your Google Ads customer ID is in the format of xxx-xxx-xxxx.
- Sign in to Google for Nonprofits.
- Click Activate under Google Ad Grants.
- Enter your customer ID.
- Make a selection from the drop-down menu under “How did you hear about Ad Grants?”
- Click Enroll.
|Your pre-qualification submission will be reviewed and you’ll receive an email with further instruction within 5 business days.|
Where Ryland Consulting comes in…
Once you’ve received an email stating your pre-qualification has been approved, we can help you complete the final steps to properly set up your account. This includes the following:
- Set up conversion tracking
- Install Google Tag Manager
- Create a Google Search Ad campaign
- Create ad groups with brand and non-brand keywords
- Craft quality ads to drive traffic and increase conversions
Book a call with us today. We’d be happy to help!